Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Cleaning: Washer


By now, your kitchen and bathrooms are pretty clean, or should be if you are following my Spring Cleaning Series! Now lets move onto two appliances people often forget to clean: the washer and dryer. Today we are going to focus on the washer and tackle the dryer tomorrow. Neither is hard to clean, but people tend to forget that they need to be cleaned and maintained.


To begin cleaning your washer, use your all-purpose cleaner to spray down the outside. Mine was pretty caked with soap and dust. After spraying, I used a damp rag to wipe off the top. After the top was clean I opened up the washer and wiped down around the door and the top of the bowl that holds your clothes. You will be surprised how dirty the top of the bowl can really be. Again, I just used a damp cloth and my all-purpose cleaner, washing the rag out frequently in the sink.


Next I fill the washer with hot water. I only used a small load since I wasn't actually washing clothes. Next, I poured in 1 cup of vinegar. You can also use bleach. Do not use commercial cleaners since they can often ruin your washer. Vinegar or bleach in hot water is enough to flush the system and clean your washer. Let it run on a quick cycle and you are all done!


Nice and clean!

Tomorrow, we will tackle the dryer, which takes even less time!

Look Alive!
<3The Mortician's Wife

Previous Posts:
All-Purpose Cleaner
Burners 
Oven
Small Appliances
Floor & Prosperity
Bathroom & Tub

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...