Monday, March 5, 2012

DIY Moss Letters

It has been a while since I put together a craft, but with spring right around the corner I am getting the house looking like the new season. Lately it has been pretty dark and dreary here, although surprisingly warm. Not so much today though. The wind is howling, but at least it is sunny.

Today I am going to show you guys how to make your own moss letters. I have been eyeing the moss letters online and in the stores and figured I could make my own. Its actually really simple to make your own letter and not too terribly expensive.


Supplies


Wooden Letter
1-2 Bags Craft Moss
Hot Glue and Glue Sticks

Directions

Begin by heating up your glue gun. Working in patches, place glue onto wooden letter and stick moss to it. I only put a thin layer of moss on my letter.


After finishing the front, begin filling in the sides. If you want, you can cover the back of the letter as well. I did not do this since you won't be seeing the back. It would also have taken a second bag of moss to cover the back which costs about $6 and some change and I wanted to save money.

Finish by filling in any gaps with the remaining moss. Display!


Pretty simple, huh?

I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial!

Look Alive!
<3The Mortician's Wife

UPDATE 3/28/2015: This sheds ALL the time. Spray it with a spray glue to prevent shedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...