Monday, January 2, 2012

21 Days to a More Organized Home


Since it is the beginning of a new year, it is customary that people "attempt" to organize their home. Some of us succeed, while most of us fail miserably because, lets face it, organizing it hard work; if it were easy everyone would have a perfectly organized home. For those of you who have tried and failed, I have a solution for you! My "21 Days to a More Organized Home" series! I'm going to be straight up with you guys though...its going to take more than 21 days for most of you, including myself, because like normal people, we have jobs, families, and some of you kids which always get in the way or try to destroy the beautiful organization you are trying to instill. Its okay though. I'm here for you and I hope you are here for me as we work through this process together.
How is this going to work?

This "program," as I like to call it (just like fitness programs...get it! Hahaha! Sorry that was incredibly lame!) will take place over the next couple of weeks and help you and me work towards a more organized and, by extension, clean home. I will start out with easy tasks, like sorting through magazines or mail, and move on to more extensive projects, like cleaning out your closets or garage. I will be working through these same tasks with you (minus cleaning out a garage or basement because I don't have them) and sharing my progress as we work. Some tasks will only take a day; others may take a week; it depends on the job, but it will be well worth the effort and time in the end.

On top of working through this and providing my own tips and feedback regarding the organization process, I will be sharing professional organizers' tips, secrets, suggestions, and ideas as well. Sometimes what works for me may not work for you, so hopefully I will be able to cover all the bases by providing you with a professional opinion.

If you start to stumble along the way, do not despair; others are in the same boat and you can easily pick yourself up and keep on trucking!

Furthermore, I would love to hear from you, my readers! PLEASE, send me pictures of your progress, questions, comments, stories, etc that I can share here with other readers as encouragement. If you have a question, it is likely someone else has the same one but are unwilling to ask.

DAY 1: Hopping on Board!

Well, you are reading this post so I am assuming you wish to have a more organized home! The first step is commitment. In order to make a change in your life you must first want it and commit to changing it. It takes 21 days to secure a change, but only one day to decided to MAKE the change.

My challenge to you is to think long and hard if you are willing to put the time and effort needed to organize your home. Are you willing to take an hour out of your day to sort through boxes even though you'd rather be watching TV? Over the next 24 hours, I'd like everyone to think about (and write down, if you wish) why you want to organize your home. List the pros and cons of an organized home and the process it takes to get there. If you find more pros than cons, you probably should continue my "program" and organize your home. If its too much for you, well, my blog won't be much fun for you over the next couple of weeks.

Also, please pick up a banner so others can join in the fun and to show you are participating in my event!

I wish everyone the best of luck!
<3The Mortician's Wife

 ------------------------------------

All Posts:
Day 1: Welcome
Day 2: Time Management 
Day 3: Using Your Planner
Day 4, Part 1: Mail Clutter
Day 4, Part 2: An Action File
Day 5: Other Paper Clutter
Pin It! Organized Home Edition 1
My Planner
Day 6: Magazine Clutter
Day 7: Attacking your Fridge
Day 8: Finishing Off the Freezer
Day 9: An Organized Pantry
Pin It! Organized Home Edition 2
Day 10: Decluttering Cabinets
Day 11 & 12: The Laundry Monster and the Bathroom Sink
Day 13 & 14: Bedrooms and Closets
Pin It! Organized Home Edition 3
Day 15: Your Living Space Clutter
Day 16 & 17: The Closet Monster
Day 18 & 19: The Monster Called a Garage
Pin It! Organized Home Edition 4 
Day 20: Organizing Your Basement 
Day 21: Staying Organized 

3 comments:

  1. I just wrote up a blog post and some Before pictures. :) I can't wait to see the next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps the link, lol

    http://treegoldandbeegold.blogspot.com/2012/01/blog-challenge-21-days-to-more.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha! I can directly reply to you now!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...