Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Brief Introduction

In February, I introduced myself to the blogging world, sharing my ideas, religion, recipes, feelings, etc. It was great up until about a month ago when my fiancé got a new job and we moved to the big city of Atlanta from a small, county town. Honestly, this is probably the best thing that could have happened to us, but a new job meant new responsibilities and a very different community. Fortunately, I’m from the Atlanta area and my fiancé is made for the city. Such a big change, however, has changed how I feel about life in general and what I want to write about. Why? Well, as you can guess from the title, my fiancé is a mortician.

The good news is the job itself doesn't bother me. In fact, I'm pretty indifferent to it. It's what he wants to do, he enjoys it, doesn't complain, and we have enough money to pay the bills, have some fun and eat well; enough to the point where I don't have to work a job I hate. This is great, but there is a catch. If you know anything about the funeral business, you know death has no hours and it doesn't wait for your schedule. My fiance works long hours away from home, gets one day off a wee and every other weekend, and is on call most nights. Sometimes he is home only long enough to eat dinner and go pick up a body. It is actually rather difficult ad puts a lot of strain on our relationship. When I found out he had accepted the job, I did some research to find others in my position so I could have a better understanding of what was to come. Unfortunately, I came up relatively empty handed. The best advice I received was from one of the owners. He sat me down the Saturday we moved in to our home and told me what to expect. I found it rather upsetting that the only resource I had was a man whose marriage was failing due to the business. Maybe if there were resources available for his wife, things would have worked out. That is what I hope to provide here. I do a number of things everyday to keep myself and the Mortician happy and our relationship blossoming. I hope that my insights will not only help others fantastic men and women in my position but housewives and husbands of the world. Much of my advice is for EVERYONE. I hope that you will find it enlightening and instructive.

So who is the cast of this poorly constructed farce? Well, there is my fiance the Mortician. We met on an online dating website over a year ago and we haven't looked back. When they say opposites attract, they (whoever they is) was right. We keep each other on our toes and it works!

And me? Well, I'm a recent graduate with a Bachelor's in biology trying my best to do something with it. Hopefully I'll end up in graduate school in the next year or two, but until then, I'm enjoying the time off!
Us

I'm sorry for the long wait. It has been hectic here trying to get this blog ready. I look forward to getting this project off the ground, and I hope your death won't interupt my day! So without further ado, I present The Mortician's Wife.

Look alive!


<3The Mortician's Wife






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...